Thursday, July 6, 2017

Included in Christ by Heather Holleman

I have read another book by this author which  I thoroughly enjoyed and looked forward to see what this study has to offer. I was not disappointed. Her writing style is engaging and there is so much information in the introduction to peak the reader's interest. The book of Ephesians as a document is according to one theologian, "the most influential ever written." That alone got my attention. The study is divided into 8 weeks with homework to do 5 days of the week.

As the reader goes through the study, there are a number of words which create the focus for each week. These include the words chosen, seated, strengthened, renewed, filled and proclaiming. There is also an emphasis on writing your our stories as you work through this study. The two kinds of stories described are the Savior story and the shadow narrative.

I would highly recommend this study for an individual or in a group. I received this book from Moody Publishers in exchange for this honest review.   

No comments:

Post a Comment