Tuesday, August 6, 2019

Stages of the Soul by Nancy Kane


I did not know a great deal about spiritual formation before reading this book and I was intrigued to read about the stages in one’s spiritual journey. There are five stages in the soul’s journey toward wholeness:  Our First Love – Called into Saving Faith; Obedient Love – Learning the Ways of Godliness; Persevering Love – Invitation to Intimacy; Sacrificial Love – Living for the Kingdom Here and Now; and Intimate Love – Being Light and Love for the World. After each chapter, there is a summary of the information discussed along with questions for personal reflection.  Also there is an epilogue demonstrating how the soul stages journey can be lived out in a church setting.

This is a book to read thoughtfully and slowly. I think this is a book I will go back to again and again to see where I am at in my own spiritual journey. I highly recommend this book for anyone who wants to go deeper in their relationship with God.

I received this book from Moody Publishers in exchange for this honest review.     


No comments:

Post a Comment