Thursday, September 3, 2020

On Waiting Well by Bradley Bourain

 

No one like to wait, myself included. In this book about biblical waiting, the author explores this concept along with explaining how waiting is a crucial part of following God. Usually when I think of waiting, I think of staying in place until an event occurs. I hadn’t thought about instead of waiting for something I am also waiting on the Lord. This concept refers to the sense of attending to or serving someone. In waiting on the Lord, the main element in waiting is simply being in His presence and a way to worship and find joy in our life and in the Lord. This changed the way I perceived waiting in general.

Some of the chapters include the myths and truths about waiting, what are we waiting for and waiting and patience. At the end of each chapter there are discussion questions which would make the book appropriate for small group discussions.

This is an important topic and I appreciated the author’s approach in exploring the concept of waiting. I would highly recommend this book for anyone looking to grow in their appreciation of waiting according what is taught in Scripture. I received this book from Moody Publishers in exchange for this honest review.

 

  

No comments:

Post a Comment